Tuesday, August 3, 2021

The Whole and the Chaos

The Whole eventually emerged from the Chaos
And it came out naked and bright
And slippery.
It was built on poems and manifestos
a blend of colorful paint
and crumbled balls of newspaper.
 
I stood far away
And I watched it moving
somewhere in my mind.
I felt the breeze of its movement
And I heard the sound
of rustling leaves overhead
and I felt my heart beating
more and more slowly.
 
Chaos slipped back into the shadows
like a wave that slides back into the ocean.
I could sense its low hum,
I could feel the crackling of its low song.
 
And the Whole grew bigger
brighter as it moved,
pulling in more and more words
lines of poems danced around it
forming rings so large they sprouted hurricanes
and all the cities were drenched,
pounded by drops of thought
and walls of words
and they were all made new again
and slippery
almost naked again as they once were
in their gray color.

No comments: